So, you’re probably looking at that number like, “Isn’t that what you made last time?” and no…it’s actually a few dollars short! Ha! But while I didn’t meet my monetary goal *boooo* I did accomplish most of the other goals I set and I’m super proud of myself!
Want to know how I made $1514.74 through blogging in September? Read on.
Before I get into the money, I’ll show you my stats:
My bounce rate is teeny tiny, which is awesome! That means that people are more engaging with my blog and clicking from page to page.
My highest referrer was Facebook (again) and I decided to give Facebook ads a chance. They didn’t give much of a boost traffic-wise but I was able to sell some e-books thanks to my little $10 ad. I know Facebook ads get a bad rap, but they’re the cheapest and easiest way to reach your target audience. You just have to play around with them.
Anyway, here’s a breakdown of how I made money through my blog:
Social media management: $1354
Google Adsense: $4.11 (sidebar ad) + $17.63 (Youtube)
Disclaimer: Since I’m making money online in various other ways (my online shop and other projects), I guess it’s finally time to really define what it means to make money through my blog. For me, it’s any service that I offer or product that I sell directly through this blog. If I do something that I don’t directly offer on my blog…I don’t include it! Now, on to the deets.
This last month I shopped my social media management services a bit, but definitely not wholeheartedly. This has been a running theme when it comes to this service. I love interacting online, and I want to shake myself and make myself do this more, but it’s just not happening so now I’m taking it as a sign to approach this service differently and repackage it in a better way. I rather push my consultations, to be honest. Empowering and teaching small business owners to save money and do social media themselves and on their own time just sounds more attractive to me.
What I learned: I loveeee social media but there’s a ceiling there because there’s only so much I can do each day on each account. I need to find new scalable ways to make money!
I now have three e-books for sale in my blog shop: “Jump Into Online Sales”, “63 Ways To Market Your Online Shop“, and “Zero to 100: Easy Steps to Blog Success In Under A Year“. Creating e-books is no joke and I was super proud of myself for writing another one, and making more than double in e-book sales.
What I learned: I said that I would stop under-pricing my e-books, and I finally got the guts to price it accordingly. And guess what? People still bought it and enjoyed it, because it was worth it. Don’t devalue your work by putting a Dollar Menu price tag on a Chipotle product. And yeah I know Chipotle is still cheap-ish, but there was a time when that was the fanciest place on Earth to me so let me have this one!
Other goals I accomplished in September:
- I spent half the month in New York/New Jersey, which I’d like to blame for my lack of increasing blog-income, but that’s no excuse! Anyway, my plan was to go out and meet new people and see new sights and I definitely did that…but just not in the way I imagined. I still had a blast though!
- I had my first brand partnership! Check out my Kia Sorento review. I loved that car!
- My new online shop, Adorned By Chi, was a sponsor of the Finesse Your Life Tour in Dallas. Ladies wore my headbands in the photo booth, and we had a fun giveaway! It was an awesome event and I was happy to be a part of it. The tour will also be stopping in DC and LA (I’ll be at the LA event) so check out Finesse Your Life and register!
- I wrote a guest post for Black Girl Nerds! The article was published the other day but I wrote it in September so it still counts!
- I also have two more posts that I wrote for other blogs that I’d love to share, so I’ll spend some time this month sending them to blogger buddies to see who wants ’em. And if you’d like to guest post on my blog, by all means, please do! Shoot me an email.
Do you want to see more of these reports? Hit the tweet button and let me know!
Interested in my services? Take a look at what I currently offer. What do you guys think? How do you plan on making money online this month? Let me know below!